Student Affairs Supports Diversity
The Career Center is committed to the Student Affairs Statement on Diversity.
Job Search Resources
- Out for Work's LGBTQ Career Resource Library
The Career Center is an "Out for Work Gold Certified School". Their career resource library serves as a one stop location for everything LGBT career related: job searching, resumes, interviews, coming out at work, etc. The library houses books, magazines, links, video clips all at your fingertips.
- LGBT Careerlink
- The website provides a job search database, as well as a resource library with tools for those students on the job hunt; sponsored by “Out & Equal Workplace Advocates” at outandequal.org.
- Out Professionals
- A job bank and news resource for LGBT job seekers.
- Pro Gay Jobs
- A job search database for LGBT job seekers.
Website & Print Publications
- A business and career resource from the Advocate magazine.
- Echelon Magazine
- A business magazine for the LGBT community with resources such as employer profiles and information for college students.
- HRC Corporate Equality Index
- A report by Human Rights Campaign ranking the openness and opportunities of different workplaces for LGBT workers.
- Workplace Diversity
- A resource for a variety of underrepresented minorities in the workplace, including the LGBT community.
- University of Pennsylvania “Career Planning & Job Search Guide”
- A good overview of how to deal with difficult issues for LGBT job applicants and interviewees.
Funding & Financial Aid
- Finaid.org LGBT Resources
- An extensive listing of different scholarship opportunities for those in the LGBT community.
- HRC Scholarship Database
- A scholarship database provided by the Human Rights Campaign website for LGBT and allied students.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Professionals
- A professional organization for LGBT professionals in higher education. A job board can be found on the website
- Human Rights Campaign
- An organization dedicated to advancing equal rights for the LGBT community. For workplace related issues, a job search database, and information, hover the mouse over the “Issues” tab and click on the link to “Workplace”. In addition, an employer database can be found at the website here.
- Law School Admission Council
- A resource for LGBT students applying to law school.
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- An organization promoting the LGBT community in the area of business.
- National LGBT Bar Association
- An affiliate of the American Bar Association, the LGBT Bar Association provides a job board, as well as a writing competition and other information for LGBT law students.
- National Organization of Gay and lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals
- A non-profit organization that educates and advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students and professionals in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Pride @ Work
- A resource guide for LGBT union workers in the AFL-CIO.
- Human Rights Campaign: Workplace Resources
- Find businesses that support workplace equality and learn about what's new in LGBT workplace legislation.