Non-U.S. Job Search Resources
As you consider career opportunities in your home country and/or other countries, it is very important to understand cultural traditions and job search conventions in those countries. Recruiting cycles, key skillsets, resume/cover letter writing, and interview preparation strategies may be different from those in the U.S.
Become familiar with job sites that are popular at the country and connect with alumni and acquaintances who work there, preferably in the areas of your interest, to learn more about the job search process and opportunities. Below, we recommend several resources that can help you make connections and find openings in countries outside the U.S.
The Career Center also hosts a series of Global Career Opportunity (GCO) events to showcase job markets outside the U.S. and connects students with country-specific job market information and professionals. Check the schedule on the homepage for upcoming events.
UIUC Global Job Search Resources
These groups and resources are affiliated with the University of Illinois.
UI Alumni Network - International Clubs
The UI Alumni Network - International Clubs is a directory of contact information (and where available, social networking links or webpage URLS) for University of Illinois alumni in a variety of countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America.
LinkedIn: INTLconnect at Illinois
LinkedIn: INTLconnect at Illinois is an official LinkedIn group for international alumni and students of UIUC to build up their network for their career development and advancement. You must be a student, an alum, or a staff member of UIUC to join.
Illinois International Shanghai Office
For students considering the job market in China, the Shanghai Office at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign hosts many annual career events in China, including career fairs in Beijing and Shanghai.
Global University China Career Union (GUCCU) Job Portal
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has joined Global University China Career Union (GUCCU). GUCCU provides a job portal for Illinois students who consider going to the job market in China.
Global Job Boards
These job boards from around the world can be used by both international and domestic students to find opportunities outside the U.S.
Search for Jobs in Many Countries (not region-limited)
Search for Jobs in Asia
- 51job.com: One of the most famous job sites in China.
- Zhaopin.com: A widely used job board in China. All content is in Chinese.
- LockinChina: Provides information about employment opportunities in Beijing. All content is in Chinese.
- ForeignerCN.com: Serves foreigners who want to find a job in China. Content is in English.
- JobKorea: A widely used job board in Korea and includes part-time, entry-level, and mid-career postings. All content is in Korean.
- Peoplenjob: A major job site for foreign companies operating in South Korea. All content is in Korean.
- 104.com.tw: A widely used job site in Taiwan. All content is in Chinese.
- GulfTalent: The leading online recruitment portal in the Middle East, used by over 10 million experienced professionals from all sectors and job categories. It serves as the primary source of both local and expatriate talent to over 10,000 of the largest employers and recruitment agencies across the region.